Ionising radiation (nurse prescriptive authority): standards and requirements
These standards and requirements set out the educational standards and requirements for nurse authority to prescribe ionising radiation (X-Ray).
Developed by An Bord Altranais, now the Nursing and Midwifery Board of Ireland (NMBI), these are designed to provide guidance to education providers and health care institutions involved in the education of nurses in relation to the development, delivery and evaluation of education for nurse authority to prescribe ionising radiation.
The academic standard for the education programme is at Level 8 on the National Framework of Qualifications.
This document outlines:
- Minimum entry requirements.
- Learning outcomes.
- Competences for nurse prescriptive authority.
- Syllabus / indicative content.
- Theoretical and clinical instruction.
- Scope of practice for prescribing ionising radiation (X-Ray).
- NMBI’s approval process for prescriptive authority programmes.
Ionising Radiation (Nurse Prescriptive Authority): Standards and Requirements
(PDF, 0.81 MB)