Complaints about nurses or midwives
As part of its aim of protecting the public, the Nursing and Midwifery Board of Ireland is legally responsible for considering complaints against nurses and midwives who practise in Ireland.
We receive complaints from members of the public, employers and health care professionals as well as nurses and midwives who have concerns about their colleagues.
Our Fitness to Practise department aims to deal with all complaints fully, fairly and in accordance with the legislation which gives us our regulatory powers.
This section of the website provides:
- Information on the complaints process for the public, employers and for nurses and midwives themselves.
- Information about submitting a complaint.
- Details of the sanctions that can be taken.
- Guidance for nurses and midwives who are the subject of a complaint.
- Information on the inquiry process.
- Details of the findings and decisions which have been published in compliance with our publications policies.
A Guide to Fitness to Practise (March 2017).
Complaints or comments about NMBI
If you have a complaint or a comment about NMBI itself, you should complete the Customer Feedback Form.