Requesting a Certificate of Current Professional Status (CCPS) to Work Abroad
Nurses and Midwives applying for registration outside Ireland will be requested to provide a Certificate of Current Professional Status (CCPS) to the nursing or midwifery regulator in that jurisdiction. This certificate is also called Certificate of Good Standing. The regulator or competent authority in the country you are applying for registration will use this document to verify your registration in Ireland.
We will share the following information about you with the competent authority:
- Postal address
- Date of birth
- Date of initial registration with NMBI
- Current registration status
- Division(s) you are registered in
- Registration expiry date
- Details of your education institution and dates of study (if you qualified in Ireland)
- Current fitness to practise restrictions / conditions
- If you are intending to work in an EU country, we will specify if your qualifications meet a particular article of the Directive 2005/36/EC.
Overview of the CCPS request process
For more detailed information on CCPS requests please read our Registrant Guide.