Application forms for online completion or download
The Nursing and Midwifery Board of Ireland has a range of registration forms for registered nurses, registered midwives, applicants and candidates. It is necessary to login to the website to access the majority of these forms through the My Account section.
Forms for nurses and midwives
If you are already on the Register of Nurses or Midwives, or have been previously on the Register, the following forms are relevant to you:
- Advanced Practice Registration Form
- Advanced Practice Post Accreditation Form
- Advanced Practice Transcript Form
- Advanced Practice Re-Validation Application Form
- ARF Certificate Re-Issue Form
- Collaborative Practice Agreement (CPA) Form
- CPA Renewal Form
- Nurse Prescriber Application Form
- Nurse Tutor Registration Form
- Postgraduate Registration Form
- Public Health Registration Form
- Replacement Certificate Form
- Restoration Form
- Termination of CPA Form
- Verification (CCPS)
All of these forms are accessible through the My Account section once you are logged in.
Form for Restoration
The Restoration Form must be completed if you have: voluntarily removed your name from the Register/
were removed from the Register for non-payment of fees and wish to restore it to the Register of Nurses and Midwives.
Following the removal of a name for non-payment of the ARF, the process to restore a name to the Register in accordance with Section 78 is as follows:
- The Restoration Form above is downloaded.
- The completed form and relevant documents are sent to NMBI.
- The Restoration Fee of €250 and the €100 ARF are paid (section E of the Form).
- It takes approximately 10-15 working days to process a completed restoration request.
- Please note that in the context of the current emergency caused by COVID-19 there is a fee waiver from March 9 to May 31, to support those returning to the register.
- As more staff have been allocated to support registration, in the context of this crisis, it can take less time to return to the register.
A waiver of the Restoration Fee may be granted following assessment of exceptional and extenuating circumstances which caused the failure of the Annual Retention Fee to be paid on time. An assessment of the Request of Waiver of Restoration Fee Form and supporting documentation may take up to 15 working days.
Form for overseas applicants
If you trained outside Ireland, and you want to apply for Registration to the NMBI, you must first request an Overseas Registration Application Request Form. You do not need to be logged into the website to access this online form, which is the first step in NMBI’s five-step application process.
You may also need to access the following forms following the outcome of an assessment of your application:
- Adaptation Placement Request Form
- Appeals Form
These forms can be accessed through the My Account section once you are logged in.
Form for undergraduate registration
If you are an undergraduate nursing/midwifery student in an Irish third level institution, you are considered a candidate by NMBI. If you have successfully completed a NMBI approved undergraduate nursing/ midwifery programme, you must complete the Undergraduate Registration Form to apply for registration as a nurse or midwife with NMBI.
Please carefully read the instructions on page one before completing any part of the application form, as failure to correctly complete this form may result in delays in processing your application.
Form for employers
Employers will need to complete the Advanced Practice Rotation Form to seek NMBI approval for rotation of Registered Advanced Nurse Practitioners (RANPs) and Registered Advanced Midwife Practitioners (RAMPs) between accredited sites.
It is not necessary to be logged in to access the Advanced Practice Site Rotation Form.