Sponsorship for public health service employees
This sponsorship scheme is open to the Irish public health service employees involved in the delivery of care to patients within a nursing / midwifery context, such as health care assistants. If successful, an employee’s salary is paid for the duration of the nursing / midwifery degree programme. This scheme is reviewed and offered on an annual basis.
There are a maximum of 10 places, available as part of the quota of places for mature code applicants and these places are reviewed annually. Applicants must:
- Meet all conditions as outlined by the HSE.
- Apply as a mature applicant and succeed at assessment test.
- Apply for sponsorship to the Nursing and Midwifery Planning and Development Unit (NMPDU) Kilkenny by the closing date as specified by NMPDU.
- Be offered a place in nursing / midwifery as a mature code applicant by the CAO. An offer of a place does not guarantee an offer of sponsorship.
- Meet the required terms and conditions as determined by a Higher Education Institution (HEI) and health care agency.