Sponsorship for public health service employees
This sponsorship scheme is open to the Irish public health service employees involved in the delivery of care to patients within a nursing / midwifery context, such as health care assistants. If successful, an employee’s salary is paid for the duration of the nursing / midwifery degree programme. This scheme is reviewed and offered on an annual basis.
There are limited places available as part of the quota of places for mature code applicants and these places are reviewed annually. Applicants must:
- Meet all conditions as outlined by the HSE.
- Apply as a mature applicant and succeed at assessment test.
- Apply for sponsorship to the Nursing and Midwifery Planning and Development Unit (NMPDU) Kilkenny by the closing date as specified by NMPDU.
- Be offered a place in nursing / midwifery as a mature code applicant by the CAO. An offer of a place does not guarantee an offer of sponsorship.
- Meet the required terms and conditions as determined by an Education Body (EB) and health care agency.