Applicants who are applying as school leavers with a Leaving Certificate, A-Levels or EU equivalent certificate should:
- Complete an application to the CAO before the closing dates.
- For specific entry requirements, you will find more information about your preferred course and college in the About Nursing and About Midwifery sections of our website.
- Check the CAO Handbook for all stages of the application process.
- Offers will be made directly from the CAO.
You can also apply by routes outside of the standard CAO pathway.
- Higher Education Access Route for under-represented groups in society.
- Disability Access Route for students whose disabilities have had a negative impact on their second level education.
- Hibernia College is an education provider in Ireland that offers general nursing places by taking direct applications via their website.
- Successfully completing certain Further Education and Training (FET) courses can provide opportunities. As a FET student you can apply for a limited number of CAO places on third-level nursing and midwifery courses.