Setting up an account
Setting up an online account is very quick (2 minutes).
When logging in for the first time, you will need to use your NMBI PIN/Reference Number and the security number that NMBI has sent you in the post. If you are an overseas applicant, the Reference Number can be found on page 3 of your application pack. To begin, please go to My Account.
Please note, you cannot access your online account until you receive your application pack.
First time logging in
Your PIN/Reference number and security number will only be used for the first time when you login.
You will be asked for an email address and a password as part of the first time login process.
To set up your account, click on the “set up your account now” button:
You must enter your PIN and security number in these boxes:
Once you have logged in
When you have successfully set up your account, you will only need your email address and password to login again.
Overseas applicants to NMBI can set up an online account once they have received the Overseas Registration Application Pack. This is the second step in NMBI’s five-step application process.
Your Reference Number and security code will be included in the pack which you will need to use to logon for the first time. Once logged, in you will be able to:
- Track your application
- Check what documents are outstanding
- Apply for a period of adaptation and assessment or the RCSI Aptitude Test (if that is the outcome of NMBI’s assessment)
- Appeal a registration decision (if the outcome of the assessment is that you have been refused registration)
Nurses and midwives
Your security code was sent to you by post as part of the Annual Retention Fee (ARF) process. As a registered nurse and a midwife, you can use your online account to:
- Pay your ARF or other fees online
- Check your account balance
- Request certificates electronically
- Complete or download various application forms, such as those for additional divisions of the Register
- Update your personal details on our systems
If you are an undergraduate nursing/midwifery student in an Irish third level institution, you are considered a candidate by NMBI. Details of all candidates are included on NMBI’s Candidate Register. As a candidate, you will receive details of how to use our online services from your Higher Education Institution or by email from NMBI.
Once logged in, you will be able to:
- Pay your Candidate Register Fee electronically
- Check and update your contact and other personal details
- Complete the Undergraduate Registration Form to join the Register of Nurses and Midwives once you have graduated
The security number is only valid to set up an account and once it has been used it is no longer valid. If you receive a message saying your security number is not valid, when trying to set up an account, then you may have set up an account before. In this case click on the Forgotten Password link on the My Account page.
In order to access your online account, you must use the same email as the email we have on the NMBI Register. If you click the Forgotten Password link and enter an email that is different to the one on our Register, you will not receive a link to reset the password, even if the email you have entered is a valid email. It must be the same email as the one on our records.
If you have tried all of these steps and still cannot access your account, please call us on: 1890 200 116
Open: Monday-Friday 9:00am - 5:00pm
If you need to reset your account please contact us on email@example.com