Short/online courses and NMBI’s approval process
NMBI have a mechanism to approve programmes to support continued professional and practice development. These programmes are considered central to the continued development and maintenance of knowledge, skills and competencies for nursing and midwifery practice within a rapidly changing health care environment. They also support the concepts of critical thinking, reflective practice, problem-solving and lifelong learning in professional nursing and midwifery practice.
Submitting courses for approval
Please click here for the CPD Short Courses/Online Courses /Study day or Conference/Seminars/Symposium form.
If you are seeking Category 1 Approval for Continuous Professional Development (CPD) short course/online course/study day or conference/seminar it will be necessary for you to complete the application form CPD Short Courses/Online Courses.
Please submit your completed application form to firstname.lastname@example.org
The application will take a minimum of 4 weeks to process and provide a decision regarding approval. Please allow this time when planning the logistics and promotional material for your programme.
Guidelines on course submission and approval
- All sections of the application form must be completed.
- We can only accept applications in typed format, hand written submissions will not be accepted.
- Approval is valid for two years.
- Conferences/seminars/symposium timetables will be reviewed, approved and awarded CEUs for the event.
- NMBI does not grant retrospective approval for any course, conference, seminar or similar short educational event.
- NMBI does not support or endorse any pharmaceutical products/companies that are funding or providing nurse/midwife education.
- You, as course provider, are advised that your contact details may be posted on our website.
- It is the responsibility of the course provider to issue certificates of attendance.
- Allocation of CEUs, based on the timetable provided, is at the discretion of the Director of Professional Standards.
- CEU points are only allocated to registered nurses and registered midwives.
- Approved courses must carry the disclaimer below on any marketing materials (website, newsletters, flyers etc).
NMBI approve CPD (short or online) courses and may allocate a number of Continuing Education Units (CEUs) for courses, as appropriate. This approval is based on the information provided by the applicant.
NMBI does not take responsibility for the quality of the content at the point of delivery/ implementation. It is the responsibility of the course providers to ensure that academic governance and standards are reflective of NMBI requirements for their courses, in accordance with the organisation’s policies and procedures which underpin evidence based practice.