Set up an account to access online registration services
The Nursing and Midwifery Board of Ireland (NMBI) offers a range of online services for registered nurses, registered midwives, applicants and candidates.
Setting up an account
Setting up an account will only take a couple of minutes. When logging in for the first time, you will need to use your NMBI PIN if you are already on the Register of Nurses and Midwives, or your Reference Number if you are an applicant. You will also need your security code which NMBI has sent you by post.
Next you need to visit the My Account section and follow the instructions for setting up an account for the first time.
Your PIN/Reference number and security code will only be used for the first time when you login. You will be asked for an email address and a password as part of the first time login process. For subsequent logins, you will use the email address and the password you have provided.
You will also be presented with information that NMBI has about you on our systems, where you will have an opportunity to update or add personal details.
Nurses and midwives
Your security code was sent to you by post as part of the 2015 Annual Retention Fee (ARF) process. As a registered nurse and a midwife, you can use your online account to:
- Pay your ARF or other fees online
- Check your account balance
- Request certificates electronically
- Complete or download various application forms, such as those for additional divisions of the Register
- Update your personal details on our systems
- If you would like Registration to update your address, you can either email (Registration@nmbi.ie) or post a request for an address change.
Overseas applicants to NMBI can set up an online account once they have received the Overseas Registration Application Pack.This is the second step in NMBI’s five-step application process. Your Reference Number and security code will be included in the pack which you will need to use to login for the first time. Once logged in, you will be able to:
- Track your application
- Check what documents are outstanding
- Apply for a period of adaptation and assessment or the aptitude test (if that is the outcome of NMBI’s assessment)
- Appeal a registration decision (if the outcome of the assessment is that you have been refused registration) OR if you have been issued with an adaptation and assessment decision or aptitude test decision
If you are an undergraduate nursing/midwifery student in an Irish third level institution, you are considered a candidate by NMBI. Details of all candidates are included on NMBI’s Candidate Register. As a candidate, you will receive details of how to use our online services from your Higher Education Institution or by email from NMBI.
Once logged in, you will be able to:
- Pay your Candidate Register Fee electronically
- Check and update your contact and other personal details
- Complete the Undergraduate Registration Form to join the Register of Nurses and Midwives once you have graduated